Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding Foundations:
1. Does my child need cleats or shinguards? Yes. These are mandatory for safety reasons. Please note that we do have a soccer cleat exchange (bring a used pair and trade for a larger pair, where available) to help out parents.
2. Where are practices held? Practices are 90 minutes long and held OUTDOORS at Spencer Rockman Soccer Complex located at 1 Clif Prescod Lane, Edison, NJ (across from DMV on Kilmer Rd.). The first 45 minutes are with our professional trainers and the remaining 45 minutes are spent playing small sided games based on their age division. All practices & games are on Saturday's ONLY.
3. What is the schedule for a specific age group? You can find last season's schedule under Programs & Schedules. Our schedules typically follow the same format every season depending on the number of teams per age group. We typically post the current season schedule two weeks prior to the start of the season.
4. Do girls and boys practice/play together? Yes. At this age grouping, gender has no bearing on playing ability. At U11 and above, the genders are separated out. We do have separate teams for boys & girls, however, they will practice and compete with and against each other.
5. Can we pick a team that works better for our schedule availability? No, every team's schedule rotates weekly.
6. Can we register in person? No, all registration is done online via our registration system.
7. Are there any practices during the week? No, only on Saturdays.
8. Are there makeups if it rains or is cold? No, all classes are as scheduled. Unless the fields are unsafe, we will have class. If it's cold, we highly recommend that you have your child wear a sweatshirt under their training shirt.
9. Are there makeups if I miss a class due to scheduling conflicts? No.
10. Do I need to buy any other equipment? Yes, a proper soccer ball based on their age group. U5-U8 divisions utilize a #3 soccer ball and U9-U10 divisions utilize a #4 soccer ball.
11. Can my child wear jewelry during practices & games? No. All jewelry, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc must be taken off prior to play as per the Laws of the Game. Your child will not be allowed to play if they are wearing jewelry.
12. Can my child wear glasses? No. NJ state law requires that youth players must wear protective safety goggles in order to play. Referees will enforce the law.
13. Do I have to wear the uniform you gave us? Yes. If your child is not properly attired, they will not be allowed to practice or play. Properly attired means: uniform shirt, uniform shorts & uniform socks with soccer cleats and shinguards. The uniform is verification that they are a registered/paid player for the season. If it is cold, you are more than welcome to place a sweatshirt/sweatpants underneath their uniform. No hoodies are allowed for safety reasons.
14. Can I exchange the uniform for a different size as I ordered the wrong one? Yes, however there is an exchange fee of $50 to cover the uniform and shipping/handling.
15. When does the season start? Start dates are normally posted on our website and on our registration information. The fall season typically starts the first Saturday after Labor Day. The spring season typically starts the first Saturday in April or last Saturday in March depending on weather.
16. How do I know what team I'm on? You will be sent an email confirmation with your team typically two - three weeks prior to the start of the season. Please check your email and spam folders.
17. Where do we pick up the uniform? A parents meeting is typically scheduled two weeks prior to the start of the season. Emails are sent confirming same and usually posted on our website. If you miss this meeting, you will pick up your uniform at the first practice schedule.
18. What if I never received an email with my team and missed the parent's meeting? Come to Spencer Rockman Soccer Complex on the first day at 9am. There will be a master list at the snack bar for you to verify your team assignment and game time. You can also log back into your household account and your child's team will be noted on your registration.
19. Can't you just respond to my individual emails about any of my questions that are listed here? No. We have over 1,000 kids playing soccer every season and we are run by all volunteers. Please take the time to be familliar with our website and utilize the information found here.
20. What is your refund policy? Please refer to our Refund Policy under FORMS on our main website.
21. Why am I not getting any emails from you? There are 3 possible reasons why you are not receiving emails:
- Our emails are going to a different email account that you used to set up your household. Please go back into your household account and verify the correct email that you used.
- Your email settings are seeing our emails as possible spam. Check your spam filter and whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org . You can Google this process if you need help.
- You OPTED OUT of receiving our emails and therefore unsubscribed to all future emails. To OPT BACK IN, please follow instructions here.